Physical Performance Manager
- Are you a highly experienced athlete physical preparation professional with elite athlete S&C experience?
- Are you seeking an opportunity to foster athlete and S&C coach development?
- This is a rare opportunity to use your expertise to support SANFL State programs!
A BIT ABOUT THE ROLE
The Physical Performance Manager will maintain the delivery of industry best practice, safe, efficient and effective athlete body management practices within the Talented Player programs in South Australia.
The role will be responsible and accountable for the delivery of strength and conditioning (S&C), recovery and rehabilitation protocols for every element of SANFL’s talent pathway program.
To view the full position description click here.
- To better manage the physical development of South Australian players moving between AFL Hubs, SANFL Club Centres of Excellence (CoE)/ SANFL State Academy and SANFL State teams.
- Set and maintain minimum standards for (S&C) in the SANFL pathway system.
- To ensure SANFL programs are supportive of Long Term Athlete Development (LTAD)
- Meet AFL Academies Athlete Management Benchmarks.
In addition, the Physical Performance Manager is expected to provide leadership and specialist expertise to SANFL staff and team support personnel in the area of Strength, Conditioning, and Recovery & Rehabilitation, and will be responsible for the accurate and timely information management relating to player physical welfare and development.
Some of the Responsibilities will include:
- Physical development and welfare of players in State Academy programs
- Maintain standards of S&C delivery across the SANFL CoE, State Academy, State Teams / Mentor SANFL Club S&C Coaches
- Medical services coordination
- Smartabase Management
- Conduct and analyse fitness testing/combines activities and results
- Manage and Coordinate High Performance Technology
To support you deliver this role SANFL will supply a fully maintained vehicle.
A BIT ABOUT YOU
You will bring with you experience of delivering S&C services from other/similar high performance sporting environments . You will possess a demonstrated understanding of adolescent athlete development and depth of experience in athlete rehab, physical welfare and data management practices.
- Tertiary Qualifications in Sport Science Exercise or similar
- Minimum Accredited ASCA Level 2 S&C Coach
- Drivers Licence
- DHS Working with Children Clearance (or able to successfully obtain)
- Minimum 3 years practical experience in High Performance / Elite Athlete Environment
- Team Management Experience / Mentorship
- First Aid and CPR Certification
- Post Graduate Qualification in Exercise Science
- Experience in a similar role
- Australian Rules Football Industry Experience
- ASCA Pro Scheme Level - Professional Coach
Skills and Knowledge
- Possess the qualifications to develop, deliver and review strength and conditioning pre and in seasons programs in an Australian Football environment at the highest level
- Understanding of the strength and conditioning requirements of Australian Football players at the highest level
- Proven commitment to research and analysis
- Ability to effectively and efficiently manage people
- Ability to build relationships with a varying range of people
- Broad network of people within the AFL football system (specifically in strength and conditioning areas)
- Capacity and willingness to work out of standard business hours, including weekends
- Very strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs as well as Catapult GPS Software
In return for your skills and experience, SANFL provide great employee benefits, including Adelaide Oval and SANFL Football Season Memberships
A BIT ABOUT US
We are highly collaborative, team first orientated and of course FUN! Working relationships are authentic and we strive for and encourage progressive thought and practices.
We’re committed to changing our game for the better. We’ve developed junior football and women’s football and we’re dedicated to multicultural/indigenous development. We’re shaping the future, widening the breadth and depth of what we do, from the grassroots up.
We’ve done this, because #WeLoveFooty.
- We are genuine on our actions, behaviours & conversations
- We accept our responsibilities & deliver on our promises
- We are honest and act on feedback
- We are passionate & enjoy what we do
- We celebrate success
- We collaborate, communicate & share knowledge
- We care for & support each other
- We strive for continual improvement
- We are open-minded & adaptable
- We are inclusive & actively seek diversity
Applications close Friday 16 November 2018
SANFL People & Culture Leader
T: 8440 6914
E: People&Culture.Team@sanfl.com.au (applications must be submitted via this site and not via email)