Expression of Interest - SANFLW Ambassador
- Volunteer – Honorarium
- December 18 – October 19
- Hours will be negotiated with successful ambassadors
A BIT ABOUT THE VOLUNTEER ROLE
SANFLW ambassadors will be a role model for young girl’s, promoting the game through a variety of appearances at key events and clinics.
The position will report to the Community Programs Coordinator (Female Engagement) and will work closely with the Community Programs Officer (Female Engagement).
Exact appearances will be negotiated and are flexible, however your responsibilities may include:
- Running a station at female specific clinics
- Guest speaking regarding your journey in football
- Appearances at junior female football events including: The Next Step Program, SANFL Juniors Girls Medal Counts and Grand Final
This position is a volunteer role, however as a thank you successful applicants will receive an honorarium plus:
- An invite to the key volunteer’s dinner
- 2 season tickets to the SANFL 2019 season
Please click here to download the full schedule of duties.
A BIT ABOUT YOU
You will be an engaging and passionate football player interested in growing the profile of female football among girls.
- Working with Children Check or able to obtain (must be issued prior to commencement)
- Accredited football coach or willing to obtain
- Current SANFLW player
- Experience in working with children in a school and/or sporting environment
- An empathy and understanding of delivering Australian Rules football at various ages and abilities
- Relevant tertiary qualifications, or currently studying
- Experience in working with volunteers in a club sporting environment
- Experience in building relationships with key stakeholders
A BIT ABOUT US
We are highly collaborative, team first orientated and of course FUN! Working relationships are authentic and we strive for and encourage progressive thought and practices.
We’re committed to changing our game for the better. We’ve developed junior football and women’s football and we’re dedicated to multicultural/indigenous development. We’re shaping the future, widening the breadth and depth of what we do, from the grassroots up.
We’ve done this, because #WeLoveFooty.
We are genuine on our actions, behaviours & conversations
- We accept our responsibilities & deliver on our promises
- We are honest and act on feedback
- We are passionate & enjoy what we do
- We celebrate success
- We collaborate, communicate & share knowledge
- We care for & support each other
- We strive for continual improvement
- We are open-minded & adaptable
- We are inclusive & actively seek diversity
Expressions of interest close 12pm, Wednesday 21 November 2018
SANFL People & Culture Leader
T: 8440 6914
E: People&Culture.Team@sanfl.com.au (applications must be submitted via this site and not via email)