Umpiring Recruitment Officer
- Are you from a Footy Umpiring background with a flair for Recruitment?
- Seeking an excellent sports industry career opportunity?
- Want to work in an enviable location - Iconic Adelaide Oval?
From the outside looking in, there would appear to have been a great deal of change for the SANFL but the truth is, the SANFL has been constantly evolving throughout our 140 year history.
We’re committed to changing our game for the better. We’ve developed junior football and women’s football and we’re dedicated to multicultural/indigenous development. We’re shaping the future, widening the breadth and depth of what we do, from the grassroots up.
We’ve done this, because #WeLoveFooty.
What you love about the role
The key responsibility for this role is to increase participation rates of Australian Football Umpiring throughout South Australia. This will occur by assisting metropolitan and country umpiring organisations with initiatives that engage future young umpires. The role will also assist promoting the development pathway for young umpires for grassroots through to SANFL level.
The role will include:
- Coordinate umpire promotional initiatives, recruitment and retention programs
- Footyweb administration and education support
- Assist with umpire appointments, uniform distribution and various Umpire Events (i.e. SAPSASA Carnival, AFL Umpire Roadshows)
- Conduct basic Umpire Courses
What we love about you
You will an energetic and pro-active team orientated individual with a demonstrated commitment to Umpiring who is passionate about the development of future umpires.
- Level 2 Accredited Umpire
- Drivers Licence
- DCSI Working with Children Clearance (or ability to successfully obtain)
- Be actively engaged with Australian Football with current/relevant experience in umpiring.
- Competent public speaking and presentation skills.
- Demonstrate sound management, administration, organisational, planning skills and a high level of initiative.
Skills and Knowledge
- Possess excellent computing skills including Social media, Microsoft Office and desktop publishing applications.
- Possess a feel for the game in the broader sense and a willingness to work for the good of the game and for the good of participants who take part in the game.
- Strong relationship building skills and ability to relate to young people
In return for your skills and experience, SANFL provide great employee benefits, including Adelaide Oval and SANFL Football Season Memberships
Applications Close 12pm Friday 20 October 2017