Zone Development Leader
Join the team that supports footy participation across SA.
- Sports industry leadership role
- People Development - trainees and volunteers
- Driving participation programs
- Building community connection with SANFL Clubs
FOUR (4) fulltime roles across the following SANFL Club zones:
- Glenelg & Woodville West Torrens Metro
- Norwood & West Adelaide Metro Zone
- Sturt Metro & Country Zones
- South Metro & Country Zones
A BIT ABOUT THE ROLE
These roles will be an integral part of the SANFL Game Development team, based in the field and working across respective zones. You will provide outstanding leadership and development to junior football participation programs, Game Development trainee(s) and volunteers.
Role responsibilities are summarised as follows:
- Zone Development – lead the zone participation strategy and deliver growth throughout Auskick, SANFL Juniors, SANFL Schools and Sporting Schools. Evaluate program quality and deliver continuous improvement initiatives to increase coach development, participant experience, transition, and retention objectives.
- People Leadership – Mentoring Game Development Trainee(s), leading by example, and recruiting / developing volunteers
- Administration – provide outstanding communication, program administration and support projects as required by the Game Development team.
This role will require regular weekend and some evening work throughout the football season and travel across the zone. The role is provided with a fully maintained vehicle however, strong consideration will be given to candidates that reside in close proximity to the zone they service.
To view the position description please click here
A BIT ABOUT YOU
You will be an experienced program leader that is able to consistently deliver high quality football experiences for junior participants and Game Development stakeholders. Your skills will role model success for developing trainees and achieve objectives within SANFL’s strategic plan. You will thrive in an environment that balances accountability with empowerment and be an outstanding brand ambassador in promoting football pathways.
Your ability to deliver this will be underpinned by the following:
- Degree in Sport and Recreation
- DHS Working with Children Check (with Catholic Education Check)
- Current South Australian Drivers Licence
- First Aid
- Experience working with children in a school and/or sporting environment
- An empathy and understanding of Australian Rules football at various levels
- Empathy for junior sporting clubs and coach development
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the volunteer workforce
- Working knowledge of Child Safe Environment Practices
- Experience working with volunteers in a sporting club environment
- Coaching and/or leadership experience
- Experience building relationships with key stakeholders
Skills and Knowledge
- Effective people management, leadership and communication skills
- Highly organised with quality administration, planning and evaluation skills
- Experience in Microsoft Office programs
- Flexibility to work weekends
A BIT ABOUT US
We are highly collaborative, team first orientated and of course FUN! Working relationships are authentic and we strive for and encourage progressive thought and practices. We offer some great benefits such as SANFL Season Memberships, and Wellbeing and Social initiatives.
We’re committed to changing our game for the better. We’ve developed junior football and women’s football and we’re dedicated to multicultural/indigenous development. We’re shaping the future, widening the breadth and depth of what we do, from the grassroots up.
We’ve done this, because #WeLoveFooty.
Applications close Monday 18 October 2021 and should be submitted as a single PDF document
SANFL People & Culture Manager
T: 8440 6914