Country Umpiring Officer
- Key role to support Umpiring in regional SA
- Excellent sports administration career opportunity
- Fulltime ongoing role
Healthier, more connected lives through the enjoyment of footy.
A BIT ABOUT THE ROLE
The Country Umpiring Officer is an exciting new opportunity in SANFL to develop your career in sport. Reporting to the Community Umpiring Manager the role will support and provide direction across aspects of Umpiring to the Community Football Leagues throughout South Australia.The role's responsibilities include:
- Implementation of strategies to recruit and retain umpires
- Implementation of strategies to control abuse towards umpires from spectators, players, coaches and officials
- Encouraging and supporting community umpire coaches to implement, support and
- General Administration
- Considerable travel across the region will be required and SANFL will supply a job required vehicle.
Please click here to download the full position description.
A BIT ABOUT YOU
SANFL are seeking an energetic and motivated individual who is currently engaged in the Umpiring Community, who is passionate and capable of contributing to the ongoing development of Umpiring across South Australia.
To be successful in the role you will posses the following:
- Accreditation as an umpire/umpire coach with significant recent experience
- An understanding of Country Football and Umpiring at community level
- Highly developed communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Positive attitude, initiative and ability to achieve results
- Hold a current DHS Working with Children Check
- Drivers Licence
A BIT ABOUT US
We are highly collaborative, team first orientated and of course FUN! Working relationships are authentic and we strive for and encourage progressive thought and practices. We offer some fantastic perks too such as Adelaide Oval Football Memberships, SANFL Season Memberships, and Wellbeing and Social initiatives.
We’re committed to changing our game for the better. We’ve developed junior football and women’s football and we’re dedicated to multicultural/indigenous development. We’re shaping the future, widening the breadth and depth of what we do, from the grassroots up.
We’ve done this, because #WeLoveFooty.
- We are genuine on our actions, behaviours & conversations
- We accept our responsibilities & deliver on our promises
- We are honest and act on feedback
- We are passionate & enjoy what we do
- We celebrate success
- We collaborate, communicate & share knowledge
- We care for & support each other
- We strive for continual improvement
- We are open-minded & adaptable
- We are inclusive & actively seek diversity
Applications close 8 December 2019
SANFL People & Culture Leader
T: 8440 6914
E: email@example.com (applications must be submitted via this site and not via email)