- Great opportunity in Sports Turf
- 10-15 Hours per week (including weekends)
- Based at Football Park West Lakes
A BIT ABOUT THE ROLE
This exciting opportunity will require you to provide support and assistance to the Head Groundsperson to ensure the main oval playing surface is maintained to the required condition standards for use by Adelaide Football Club and other stakeholders as required. The role also includes maintenance and presentation of all aspects of the outer ground and garden facilities of the Checkside Tavern, and other site areas maintained by SANFL.
The role will include tasks such as:
- Mowing, Weeding, Pruning
- Line Marking
- Rubbish removal
- Use of a variety of equipment (ride-ons, tractor, forklift)
- Mixing and application of chemicals
- Equipment maintenance
- Maintenance of safety documents
A BIT ABOUT YOU
You will demonstrate a great work ethic, be efficient, dedicated to delivering your work to a high standard, and be able to work autonomously or in a small team.
- Qualification/s in turf management
- Current South Australian Drivers Licence
- High Risk Work Licence (Class LF)
- First Aid
- Experience in utilising professional turf equipment
- Appropriate skills in maintenance of sporting facilities
- Experience in herbicide/pesticide application
- Knowledge and experience with equipment maintenance.
Skills and Knowledge
- Good personal communication
- Responsible, safe working practices
- Good understanding of weather patterns as they relate to turf management
- Well organised and self-motivated
- Discretion and confidentiality will be required when privy to sports / teams engaging the oval and venue for closed training purposes.
POSITION ENQUIRIES TO:
People & Culture Leader
APPLICATIONS CLOSE MONDAY 12 NOVEMBER 2018